Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Intro to Missionary Diary - 1963

This is the Missionary Diary of

Daniel Leland Hawkley
411 Calder St.
Am. Falls, Idaho
Representing the Am. Falls 2nd Ward of the Am. Falls Stake
While serving in the Northern Far East Mission
From November - 1963 to May - 1966

Thoughts When I Received My Missionary Call

"Now behold a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men. Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless (before) God at the last day. Therefore if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work; for behold the field is white already to harvest, and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul; And faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single to the glory of God qualify him for the work. Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence. Ask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.
D and C 4:1-7

Chronology of Significant Events

(Bishop) Lynford Murri interviewed me (in) August, 1963
(Stake President) Harold Perman interviewed me (in) August, 1963
I received my call to the Northern Far East (Mission) on 9/14/63
I was in the Mission Home from Nov. 11, 1963 to 11/18/63
I received my Endowments in the Idaho Falls (Temple) on 11/6/63
I received my Patriarchal Blessing from L.T. Ralphs on 10/21/63
I was Set Apart for my Mission by LeGrande Richards on 11/13/63
I left Salt Lake City on the United Airline on 11/18/63
I arrived at Mission Headquarters Tokyo, Japan on 11/19/63
My Mission President was President Andersen, Dwayne N.
I did my First Tracting in Tokyo Central on 11/22/63
My First Baptism was in Nagoya on 1/19/64
I received my Release from the Mission Field on May 19, 1966
I left the Mission Field on May 19 and arrived home on May 19
My Homecoming was at American Falls 2nd Ward on May 29"






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home